Search Bollywood News & Hollywood Gossips

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Shilpa to watch T20 match with queen of Jordan


Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty invited the queen of Jordan to watch T20 cricket match between South Africa and Australia. Shilpa happened to share the same hotel with Queen Rania and she invited her to watch the first T20 match with her.

"While at the hotel I was staying in at Johannesburg, I got to know that Her Highness Queen Rania of Jordan was staying there too. I invited her for a match. Queen Rania was kind enough to accept the invitation I extended and join us in the president's box at the Wanderers stadium to watch her first ever T20 cricket match, South Africa vs Australia. Very sweetly she was trying to understand the game" said long legged Shilpa on her blog.

In her honour, Shilpa said that Queen Rania made her realize "the importance of charity".

"Every time I met her, respect for her just grew. Her radiance, her kindness left me spell bound. She made me realize the importance of charity and giving back to society. It really amazed me that a lady in her position is still so down to earth, her simplicity just amazed me. For me, she wasn't just the Queen of Jordan but the Queen of hearts."

Shilpa is highly impressed with queen Rania's personality and attitude.

1 comment: